BH2M is an established Engineering and Land Surveying firm that has been offering land surveying for over 45 years and is seeking a Land Surveyor for work in the southern Maine area. The ideal candidate would be proficient in boundary and topographic surveying.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform research at town, county and state agencies
- Perform boundary, easement and deed preparation and review
- Preparation and completion of field assignments
- Process field data for final survey plans and engineering design
- Prepare preliminary plans with use of Autocad Civil 3D software
- Field and office experience
- Proficient with Autocad
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take direction and grow survey department
- LSIT required, PLS preferred
BH2M offers a competitive salary, paid vacation / personal / holiday time, Health & Dental Insurance and 401K options.
About Us – BH2M is a small Civil engineering firm poised for growth in the next five years. We are currently looking to add an experienced CAD Designer to our Gorham, Maine office.
The Person – An experienced draftsman who enjoys project variety, and takes pride in delivery quality design plans.
- Utilize Civil 3D to develop and produce designs for infrastructure improvement projects that include contour grading, alignments, profiles and cross-sections for roadways and site development.
- Will plan and prepare layouts and detailed design drawings from engineering notes, sketches and other drawings.
- Will design and draft land development plans, concept plans schematics, various sketches, details and construction documents for public agencies using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Work closely with Engineers, Surveyors and designers to ensure coordination design effort is maintained.
- Document progress and project status timely and accurately, maintain organized work and files to allow access of project information by other team members.
- A minimum of two years of experience in civil design is preferred.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD-Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook preferred.
BH2M offers an excellent compensation plan, which includes a wide array of company paid benefits available to all regular full-time employees, including: Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Flex days, company sponsored medical and dental.
Only full-time employees eligible
Hours Per Week
FULL TIME, 40 hours
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (preferred)
- Civil 3D: 2 years (Preferred)